In personal development and corporate leadership…
… we have been told that to achieve greater success we must, “Step outside our comfort zone”, to obtain any real change and be at our most productive. We believe the opposite is true.
People are often stressed and uncomfortable and achieve less than they could when operating outside of their Comfort Zone. In fact most people are in their ‘discomfort zone‘ and haven’t found where they are most comfortable and excited. But it does need a radical step to turn this kind of thinking on its head.
It took a Hypnotist
Developed created and founded by Jonathan Chase “Britain’s leading hypnotist” an author with several bestselling books and an award winning worldwide reputation has made a breakthrough and given a new take on the comfort zone principle, which helps you discover where you work best, where you will be most suited and most comfortable and how to work in areas where you will thrive.
With over 30 years of studying the way people’s subconscious minds work, Jon realised that people perform best when they are most at ease, and not when they are in any way stressed or anxious.
Sports people have always known this
Sports people realised this a long time ago, they call it flow or being in the zone. No sportsman performs at his best when his life is in turmoil. We understand this, yet we expect our business men and women to perform in places of personal stress and discomfort every day and still give their best.
“A lot of people complete tasks the way they are told to. Successful people do things the way they feel right doing it and do them that way all the time.” – Jonathan Chase
After years in personal development Jon realised that nearly every profiling method out there is missing something, a huge point, that if we could change our essential nature wouldn’t we have done so already?
If simply stealing ourselves and being uncomfortable for a short space of time was the real answer then surely everyone would have done so by now and all the guru’s and testing would be useless. Except most systems, only work for 20% of any audience that listens. Jon asked Why?
Any one system will only appeal to 20% because, for them, it is their comfort zone to follow the particular concept that gets the thing going. For the remaining 80% it is too far out of reach for their subconscious and after a short time they will revert to what is comfortable.
In most cases, this is what they were doing before, not necessarily because they were comfortable, but because they don’t have anything better to choose to do. Or as Jonathan puts it doing what they could do and not what they should do.
To read more about why this is the case and why we can stop the stress resulting from feeling bored, blocked or just unproductive, go to the MindSTYLEapp and take our quick and easy test for yourself!
How does this help?
What the test shows is where you are naturally hardwired and why you make the same mistakes time and time again, it points you towards your subconscious Stress Points.
Stress kills Profit, Pleasure and People.
Often burnout creeps up on you without you even knowing or realising you’re stressed, but know where your subconscious Stress Points are and you can harness the stress you can’t avoid and control the stress you can.
This knowledge is a revelation to some after years of failing to model successfully, as NLP will tell you to do.
Understanding that it isn’t your nature to necessarily ‘Take massive action‘ as Tony Robbins will tell you to do, to transform your life. But that you’d be better following Bob Proctor for instance, who says you must ‘Set a goal to achieve something that is so big, so exhilarating that it excites you and scares you at the same time.‘
It can be a huge relief to realise why you have such difficulty in setting and sticking to goals, or why you need to research and review everything before making critical decisions, and critically why taking action is often careless and leads to nothing, time and time again.
Take the MindSTYLE Stress Test
Jonathan for the last 10 years has used his Mind STYLE psychometric test to help him know how to discuss his clients sticking points, from how they will react to his suggestions and the language he might use to talk to them, to whether they will stick to and follow his guidance.
Sometimes the direction to take is not always clear, and needs a sensitive and informed outside source.
If you need help to unravel your Mind STYLE results and control your Professional Stress, the test will give you a clear understanding, focus and strategy of how to take those next vital steps.
Find out now take the Test Today